About JJ MacNab
- Twenty-five years of experience as a fee-only insurance analyst, civil litigation consultant, and expert witness on insurance and securities fraud.
- Twenty years of volunteering on consumer advocacy issues ranging from insurance and annuity scams to charity and tax schemes.
- The nation’s leading expert on sovereign citizens, tax protesters, and other right wing extremist movements.
- Testified as an expert before various legislative bodies and governmental agencies:
2001: US Senate on the subject of tax protesters
2002: The North America Securities Administrators Association on annuity sales abuses
2003: California Senate on financial scams targeting seniors
2004: US Senate on charity schemes
2006: US Senate written report on the growth of the tax protest movement
- Co-author of the book “The Tools and Techniques of Charitable Planning“, 1st Edition (2001) and 2nd Edition (2007)
- Author of numerous published technical, consumer-oriented, editorial, and humor articles in the Chronicle of Philanthropy, Planned Giving Today, CA Trusts & Estates Quarterly, Keeping Current, Journal of Planned Giving, and Financial Planning magazine.
Example: “Sovereign Citizen Kane” – published in the Fall, 2010 issue of The Intelligence Report, a magazine published by the Southern Poverty Law Center
- Currently writing a non-fiction book about the sovereign citizen movement.
- Works as a consultant for several regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
- Graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a degree in International Relations Weapons Policy and a minor in French literature.
- Quoted as an expert in more than 300 national and local newspaper articles, television news shows, radio shows, and websites on subjects ranging from financial scams to right wing extremist groups.
Example: CBS 60 Minutes
Example: Chronicle of Philanthropy profile
Example: USA Today cover story
Example: Cool’eh Magazine interview
Example: Fox News on violence in the movement
Example: Forbes article on fee only planners
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org